I was mentioned in Forbes Magazine today, in a piece about musicians using creative ways to market themselves like startups, which was unexpected and quite intriguing. Thanks to the author Kavi Guppta for mentioning my article “A month of Bandcamp pay-what-you-want“.
Okay, so I’m wrapping up the second release (out on April the 24th) and I’m sort of wondering how people will like it. “Catzilla” was on the darker and more aggressive side of things, and this new track has more melodic content. I like it, and I hope everyone else will too, but I’m semi-worried that people expect “more of the same”. Time will tell. :)
Update: it’s out now!
- BandCamp: http://music.subsquare.com/
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/broken-single/id639593349
- Amazon MP3: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CHJIYQO/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_MPMDrb18ZAEDQ
- Rdio: http://www.rdio.com/artist/Subsquare/album/Broken/
- Spotify: http://tinyurl.com/nbc002spotify
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Subsquare_Broken?id=Boqcat2gvq7b4u5yqk4aaszarqy
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/subsquaremusic/sets/broken-feat-jane-dawn
If you want to support me by buying it, please consider getting it from Bandcamp or iTunes, since plays on Spotify or Rdio really pays nothing at all to small indie artists such as myself, but I do need to be on those platforms for exposure.
Thanks for the support since “Catzilla” came out late last year – it’s been amazing – I hope you like this track too. I’m really proud of it.
Hi all – since Posterous decided to call it quits, I had to move my blog elsewhere. It was somewhat cumbersome to first export from Posterous, then import to WordPress.com, then export from WordPress.com and into a self-hosted WordPress install, but hey – it works. :)
The page isn’t 100% up to snuff yet, but I’ll fix it this weekend. The most important part was to get my content out of Posterous before it shut down.